Monday, February 12, 2007

EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT - JANE ( My Mentor)

Jane, as most of you know was key to my being able to receive this treatment. She has been my mentor, not just through that process; but now, as she and I assist others along a similar path.

The story that we are building includes all of you who have supported me (and others) with love, money, actions, and ideas... it is a living process - without end.
=====================================
Here is Jane's eyewitness account:
=====================================

Dear David:

For me, as mentor, the whole thing was as thrilling as it gets. People ski, scuba dive, I mentor. Being able to witness the transplant, and knowing exactly what you went through, was the most fulfilling experience I have ever had. I watched you get your life back. I know how you felt after day one. I know how you feel after week three. I know that each day you are getting stronger. Each day brings with it a certain amount of fear, but I also know that all of a sudden, you will find yourself doing something you were not able to do as recently as last December, and you will know healing has happened.
When it happened to me, I found myself on the second floor of our home, with know idea how I got there. I went up the steps at the normal human pace. I was breathing slightly heavily, but nothing like before the transplant. And, I was not wearing any oxygen.
It was an astounding discovery.
That was in November, 2005. In December, I made Christmas cookies. To be honest, I have not made them in 15 years. I made Christmas dinner for 15 people , including the largest Buche de Noel you have ever seen. I was exhausted, but very happy. I recovered very quickly. I have not looked back.
I know it will be the same for you. The best part of this for me? I now have someone to talk with who knows exactly what I am talking about!

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter