Saturday, January 27, 2007

DAY 31 - Flashback - 012407

This was the day I received 3 bags of transfusions:

Platelets are yucky yellow looking. But of course platelets are vital to life. This bag was about 1/2 liter. It was put up on the IV Tree and turned on to flow fast! I think it was inside of me within 15 minutes.

Then came the Red Blood Cells - 2 unit (bags).
A SPECIAL GAME BALL GOES OUT TO MY DONOR (anonymous)!

These are dripped in more slowly. The blood cells are warmed as they pass through the pump. I get a little Benydryll to protect from allergic reactions. It makes me sleepy.

Now the A-Fib has continued and the doctors are ordering EKGs 3 times a day. I'm getting lots of attention... OH YAH, I'M HANDLING IT FINE.

There is a parade of doctors, techs, and test machines, through Room 357.

The way that I feel the affects of the A-Fib are:

a) My blood pressure is very low. Often it is (Low)80's/(low 60's)
b) My heartbeats are very irregular, and I can't really catch my breath.
c) I constantly feel like I'm nodding out -

This is why I hadn't posted regularly!!!

The day ends with everyone thinking we may have a clue - but the A-Fib persists....

Even Ambien doesn't quiet the mind..............

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David and Robbi:
How are things today?
I read the flashbacks but how was Saturday?

David, you are amazing and Robbi you are as well!

Take care of each other...
All my best!
Stu

I will be thinking of you at Cafe Shalom tomorrow!

Sat Jan 27, 08:59:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter