Monday, January 22, 2007

DAY 27 - 012207 - Patient Updates

Approaching NADIR, but not quite there. I'm feeling way too good for someone who can't be in the same room with fresh fruits or vegetables. (Organic & Fresh are breeding ground for scourge and death... just ask California farmers).

I am Neutropenic. Do I need to re-quiz everyone? (Hint: unable to defend against infection.)

Dr. Ann admonished me for not exercising my lungs enough - It's like she thinks I can suddenly breath easier? No, it's a process that helps keep fluid from increasing in my lungs and inspires me to maintain/improve lung performance.
Jane (My Mentor) still uses hers to exercise her lungs. Yesterday, she told me that she sang solo for her church choir and is looking at possible opportunities to return to teaching choral.

Just found out that I am to get a chest xray today.
This requires that I be moved from my cocoon, on 3-North into the general population... down the elevator... and up to the hospital entrance way where the Imaging Dept is located.
I'm told I will have a mask and gloves, and No Waiting Status in the xray room.... I think that is good for basic precautions... Not feeling basic right now.

I paged (The Boss) to make sure that I have PRIORITY 1 CLEARANCE, so that a casual walking typhoid carrier isn't walking and coughing into the hospital just as I get to the doors - that would suck.
I don't want a visitor in the maternity waiting area (right in front of the elevators) to be holding their child with a pre-diagnosed case of the Flu.

NOW FOR THE ANSWERS TO MY CONCERNS:
(In the interest of full disclosure, I want to see/show what may/may not seem reasonable in this affected mental state of mind - diseased, SCT, and assorted pre-existing psychotic conditions.)

1) Debbie (The Boss) is going to drive the wheel chair.
2) Robbi (armed with Robbi's eyes, and 2 armed neutron bombs), will ride shotgun.
3) We will only enter an empty elevator.
4) The xray dept will call ahead and move me in/out without delay.
5) Optional - Robbi wants to wrap me in Saran Wrap... we are privately discussing this now.

Stay tuned... Film @ 6...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be doing a stand up comedy act after all of this? With your wise crackes it would work. I would come and watch. Just wanted to say hello and let you know the Texas Ladies are thinking about you.

Your friend,
Devona

Mon Jan 22, 05:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger DesktopDavid said...

you book the gig - I'll be there.... fee negotiable, but would anyone pay for what they read for free?
I love the Texas Ladies!

Mon Jan 22, 09:58:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter