Monday, January 22, 2007

DAY 27 - 012207a - Patient Updates

More on the Neutropenia Details...

It looks as though I will get a transfusion of red blood cells, Tuesday. This is to boost my current hemoglobin count of Less Than 26% (You (normal? ha ha) all are usually between 42-52%).

Wednesday or Thursday, I will likely get a transfusion of platelets. All of you are expected to have 150K-400K of these little suckers (per some volume, or other).
My count Monday is 36K and likely to fall. Again, this is an expected development.

Don't worry though, (oh, your not...) my transfusion is added via my surgical appendix - The IV Tree - and I will just keep typing away while they check my vitals for 2 hrs. (Now, you're worried.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter