Tuesday, January 23, 2007

DAY 30 - 012307

Robbi's Update:

How very sweet you all get nervous when you don’t hear from me. We’re fine. In fact David is defying science so far! He feels much better than he is supposed to. A few little kinks but nothing serious. (David will give details tomorrow.)

I had brought books to read to him, music for his listening, and air fresheners. I had thought that by now he’d be laying there staring at the ceiling and I’d be wiping dribble off his chin. Nope, he’s on the phone, EATING, and sitting up. He still hasn’t hit Nadir yet but they expect he will tomorrow. I stand at the door and make sure no dust gets into the room. If someone sneezes a mile away I sterilize everything near his door and around the perimeter of the hospital.

If you read his blog last night then you know yesterday was a very stressful day; organizing his way out of his room to have an x-ray. David was very nervous. Understandably. A germ could KILL him. But Debbie once again was right by our side and made sure everything happened without incident. I feel like I’m in the Wizard of Oz and when I wake up I'll have all these wonderful characters to tell you about.

It’s a full month today, that we have been here. I haven’t taken off my Ugg clogs, jeans and sweatshirt since December 26, 2006. YES, I’ve washed them but couldn’t put them back on fast enough when they came out of the dryer. I think I’ll stay dressed this way for the rest of my life.

Shawl #1 went to David and he uses it all the time.
Today I gave my 2nd healing shawl to a woman that was just harvested. She is getting the first stem cell transplant for cancer at MGH.

I’ve been dying to say hello to the patient that is across from us but where we are you don’t breathe and you don’t touch anything. But today her door was open and I poked my head in to say hello and tomorrow healing shawl #3 will go to her. Her room is not under the same care restrictions as our's.
She’s a doll and her name is Rose.

I can’t believe I’ve been gone a month. It feels like I’m in a long dream. I had to talk business last night and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Thank you, June, for being there and allowing me to focus on things here!

I sign off tonight wishing one of my dearest, most precious friends a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Today she is 27. Well she looks and acts like it. Huge hug!! XOX

~ Robbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter