Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Always Wanted To Be An Astronaut - 011907

I grew up in the romantic days of Alan Shepard, John Glenn, Mercury, Geminni, and Apollo. 100 6 and 7 year olds crammed into a classroom to watch a fuzzy & shifting image of a rocket lifting off. Today, I feel as though I get to walk out of the building and wave, as I hand myself off to the capable and deserving hands of my mission control.

I'm alone now, at 4am and I slept OK. My final meal is a cough drop - the best one I've ever had... next up, AM meds (steriods)...

5:15am - Anxious, spitting up phlem, take my cough meds to control this... ordered my ritual iced coffee for...

6am I get reconnected to saline lines and they check my blood counts. BTW my sugar counts were down a little last nite - insulin is on hold.

6:45am - blood draws.... sugar is down...

I must sign off - all I'm doing is listing facts.... I'm boring myself!

I'll see ya all on the other side - at splash down.

THE EQUIPMENTS IS ARRIVING!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
I've never spoken with you but my partner Devona has on several occasions. I've been keeping up with your progress on your blog and it's great to see you keeping your spirits up and doing so well. Devona was glad to hear from you the other day. I know it helps her to talk with others going through or who have gone through this procedure. Keep up the fight and we will continue to keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers.


Angelique

Fri Jan 19, 11:28:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

I had a good talk with Robbi just a little while ago and she shared with my the GREAT news that you received your transplant this morning. Way to go!!!! I am so happy for you and pray for an uncomplicated recovery.

You and Robbi have been an inspiration to me. I am continually in awe of families like yours - those faced with what often seems like insurmountable odds - and yet they face them with such courage and strength. You are both very special and I am honored to have been given the opportunity to get to know you and offer some assitance to you in your journey to a second chance at life.

Fondly,

Donna Noelker
NFT Fundraising Consultant

Fri Jan 19, 04:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger DesktopDavid said...

Angelique,

It's wonderful to hear from you. I am inspired by your family love and the challenages that you all have to face. Your child will grow in so many positive ways, from this experience.

Contact me via my email: david@desktopdavid.com and will share my childrens contacts so your son can contact them.

Fri Jan 19, 04:15:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter