Wednesday, January 31, 2007

THERE’S A MAN IN MY ROOM!!

And it’s so good to have him in here!!
It’s amazing that he’s here!
It’s amazing that he’s anywhere!

Wonder of wonder…what an unbelivable day! David is wiped out emotionally as well as physically. It’s a great wiped out.

Last nite, he talked with Heather, (awesome nurse) for 3 hours going over everything that happened over the past month and he cried...

Today, he got dressed in regular clothes and he cried... he packed up his computer and cried... he stood outside his hospital door looking in at an empty room and he cried.

Debbie (The Boss) touched his heart with a gift of a "Life Is Good" t-shirt with a guy and his kayak on the front and on the back the whole team from the hospital signed the shirt... and of course he sobbed, (we all did at this point).

Tomorrow we lay low and rest. Thursday they will check all his blood work and numbers and if everything comes back good then on Friday he’ll get his chest line out and we’ll head home on Monday!!!!! Yes, THIS MONDAY 2/5! 3 WEEKS EARLIER THAN EXPECTED!! I told everyone at the hospital that I feel like I’m going to wake up in my bed at home and see all my family and friends around me and I’m going to say, “and you were there, and you, and you!” It feels just like that. UNREAL!

For the next 3-4 months we have to be very careful. Anyone that comes to our home has to be sprayed with Lysol prior to coming down our street then as you enter our home you will need to shower and sanitize your body then put on a mask, goggles & gloves, walk into the plastic bubble and roll into our house. We have pages of instructions to follow and lots of new rules to learn.
There will be a bill board on RT 9 for your convenience.

Exercise and fresh air is a must so you may see us walking the streets very soon.

I sign off tonight with full heart.

~ Robbi

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is wonderful! You all are so blessed and right now I am sure you feel it more than ever. I am so glad you both will be in the comforts of your own home soon. This is great! I am so proud of him for marching right through this. Take care and we are thinking of you all. Give him a big hug and tell him it is from the Ladies in Texas. Let me know if you need anything. take care. Your an Angel for sticking by David through all of this.

Wed Jan 31, 09:57:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now I am crying!
I am so very happy for you all!
This is truly a special time for your family! Enjoy life, hope to see you walking by sometime.

L'chaim,

Stu

Wed Jan 31, 12:34:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter