Monday, January 15, 2007

Just got back on line Update - 011507

Happy Martin Luther King Day.

I have so much to write about, from the events and feeling of these last couple days - but I will get to that soon. First, I want to tell the word of the most special young man I know. Maxwell, my 7 yr old nephew.

Yesterday, Max and his mother went to church, as they do each week. At the point in the services when the congregation is asked if they want to have a prayer spoken for someone, Max stood up and said that he would like a prayer said for 'my Uncle David, who is very sick and in the hospital'. Yes I'm crying again as I type this...

I spoke to Max, and told him how special a person he is for his caring and that he asked all those people to pray for me. I think that what makes him so incredibly special is that, at 7 years old, to have the presence of mind to understand a) the gravity of my illness, b) the power of thoughts/prayers and c) the courage to stand up and declare his love and to take action on it in front of his congregation and community.

We should all be honored by the man he is becoming. Thank you Steve & Jane (his parents).

When my tears are all dried up, I'll return to the regularly scheduled blogging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter