Tuesday, January 09, 2007

DAY 13 - 010907

Robbi's Update:
BORING!! Today was absolutely BORING!! That’s right, we did NOTHING!! We sat around and did NOTHING ALL DAY!! We are blessed!!! ~ Robbi

[Patient Update:Stem cell Harvest was successful. The cells are in Philly, PA at the Red Cross. Yesterdays events are captured in photos. Here are a few of our team members:



Dr. Ann & Nurse Cindy... and me. Yes I have the Bluetooth in my ear. HEY - I'm not on vacation here!



Jayme (The Son), Maura (The Trainer), and the rest of us.


While they play with machine, I'm working hard at Tetris!


Cindy driving the apheresis machine.




I’m holding the bag of my stem cells!!! It’s a feeling that is indescribable.





Robbi and I autographed the machine. We are honored to be the first at MaineGeneral – 1/8/2007.










This is the cooler that my stem cells were sent off in… on to Philly and a slow freeze.


Next on the agenda - - -
For the next 7 days, I visit the hospital every other day to get my lines flushed to be sure they are ready for the next big phase.
Looking ahead - - -
Next week (Monday?) I get admitted to the hospital for the high dose chemo that wipes out my immune system.
STAY TUNED... FILM @ 11.........................

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David:

So happy to hear that things are progressing! You are such a trooper! You take everything in stride and I look forward to more BLOG!

We missed you at Cafe Shalom on Sunday and at the Brotherhood meeting. I ate your share of lox and bagels!

Take care of yourself! All my best!

Stu

Wed Jan 10, 01:03:00 AM EST  
Blogger DesktopDavid said...

Stu,

It's doesn't feel like such a big deal. Sure we're living in a hotel, and I have a tube attached to my chest, and I can't walk more than 100' without having to sit... but I don't worry about bombings in my neighborhood and we have food and many luxuries that most of the world has no concept of - I feel pretty fortunate. We are always reminded of how much good fortune we have.

The type of things that can't have are LOX! I won't be able to eat raw fish for a very long time. Sushi is not an issue for me but LOX is one of my "decadent" favorites.

I truely can't wait to serve again for the Cafe Shalom. My favorite work was opening my restaurant on Sunday mornings and serving the coffee and bagels & and the kibbitz... it was music to me.

Say "HEY" to all my brothers.

Shalom, David

Wed Jan 10, 07:50:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter