Sunday, December 31, 2006

DAY 5 - 123106

Today David has a cold. He’s fine and I guess it’s to be expected. First because we’ve kept every germ away from him from Westborough to Waterville, and 2nd his immune system is a little compromised at present. I’m pounding him with zinc and vitamin C. I even made him get outside and get some ME air into his lungs.

I found the basement floor of the hotel and did laundry and found a gym and pool as well. No, I’m not getting the suit on and diving in but it’s nice to know it’s there just in case I feel like a workout. I just may surprise you all and come back all buff and pumped. We’re expecting a big storm tonight into tomorrow. Big storm to these folks is getting out the shovel, to David and I it’s getting out the LL Bean gear! Yes of course I packed it.

Last day of 2006. How do I begin to put this year into words? I can’t. All I can do is feel. What I feel is love and compassion thanks to you. David put it best when he said, “Everyone with a disease should be treated like this.” Nothing has taught me more than what I’ve learned in this past year.

I wish you a year filled with love and laughter. Because with love and laughter you can get through anything.

Happy New Year my dear sweet family and friends. Thank you for being by my side. XOX

[ Patient Update: Debbie called today, just to check in on us. Robbi is pumping me with Vit. C and Zinc – there is surely going to be a world wide shortage after this week.
I feel feverish but my temp is normal. The hospital bed allowed me to rest without aching all over.

This week’s plan:
Several visits to 3-North (the inpatient ward) just to get the lines flushed out and check/clean the dressing.
The next major milestone will be when my stem cells rapidly multiply & mobilize. I am told that I will feel a lot of discomfort because the cells will create pressure in my bone marrow. This should happen sometime between Friday, Jan. 5th – Monday, Jan. 8th.

~ Robbi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am watching the RAIN, yes RAIN come down getting things in order to start work and Rebecca - school for 2007. This is a catch up and get ready day! Emailing to get Cafe Shalom covered for Sunday.

I am glad you have started the treatment and closer to getting well again.

Robbi: I know you are keeping busy, but just think when the market turns around this summer all the houses you will sell.

We will keep you in our thoughts.

Stu, Donna and Rebecca

Mon Jan 01, 03:14:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter