Sunday, November 05, 2006

Act 1 - Tough to follow

Now that the fundraising phase is closing, I'll want to acknowledge all the people and acts of kindness that have made a difference in my life, and those of my family.

I'll not be able to mention them all in this posting, or even in a few of them. It will unfold as life does - randomly, and with reason.

For you - Robbi, Emily & Jayme - I am grateful, for your love, humor, honesty, and passion. You always seem to know which of these I need, at the exact right moment.

Stacey, Elliott, Rachel, and Shira - As a family of friends, you have demonstrated unselfish giving. As a family unit you put your lives on hold, to be of service to my family. My family is grateful. Our community has been enriched by the example and success of your leadership. Stay tuned for continued updates... feel free to post your own.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear David,
I'm sure you don't remember me, but I was a friend of Ilene's in High School. I wish you the best of everything with the transplant. I have had several friends who have had one for reasons the insurance companies (boo to them) wouldn't cover and they are all doing well. You Rubensteins (and Normas) are a tough lot. As I wrote to Ilene, my Unitarian version of prayers are with you and your family.

Fondly,
Barbara Hannon

Sat Nov 18, 01:14:00 PM EST  
Blogger DesktopDavid said...

Barbara,
I do remember you. I also appreciate that you shared your Cape home with us a few years ago when the Rubensteins gathered to memorialize our Mom. Believe it or not, I have these vague memories of Thanksgiving Day football games - I was the tag-along grade schooler wrapped in a blanket and feeling like I was the cool one because I was with the "big" kids.
I'm grateful for your kind words of encouragement.

David

Sun Nov 26, 09:05:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from John, thanks for all your help and sggestions, talk to you soon.

Fri Dec 01, 11:01:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, you dont know me but you had posted a note on my sisters transplant fund raiser and i had emailed a couple of weeks ago to check on your status. my sister is devona coulson she was diagnosed with scleroderma we are hoping to get her to chicago the first part of january. I have gone to your website and its amazing how many people responded and did for your family. I would like to know how your stem cell goes please keep in touch. I have you and your family on my prayer list. God bless Rona Boulet

Wed Dec 27, 01:06:00 PM EST  
Blogger DesktopDavid said...

Rona,

I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm in Maine now. I've begun the priliminary processes and it's amazing. I'm sure that Devona will experience the level of care and caring when she gets to Chicago.

How is the fund raising going? What can I do to help?

David

Mon Jan 01, 01:19:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter