Wednesday, October 31, 2007

If I'm Blogging, I Must Be Sick

It's become evident to me that I tend to write most when I am physically challenged. Now is no exception.

I am running a fever of over 100 degrees... I cough when i walk to the bathroom... I have to sit in the shower again - something I haven't done since March. I have no tolerance for activity - either mental or physical. I can't even talk to clients. I can't help them....

My CT Scan shows increased alveolitis. That's the big one for me. Aveolitis is the inflammation in the lungs that precludes the formation of fibrotic tissue - which is the scarring of lung tissue. This could (likely) mean that the stem cell didn't take hold. The one thing we were holding out hope about was that I hadn't had any alveolitis since coming home from Maine. As the months passed, and alveolitis did not form, we told people - every month without it is like extending my life. The extension is over.

I have an appointment with a Pulmonologist tomorrow to review the scan and determine if there may be an infection as well.

stay tuned............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
free web counter